Why use this letter?
- Allows a tenant to terminate a residential lease early with written notice to the landlord.
- Early termination is based on lack of basic utilities or a threat to health and safety.
- It’s much less expensive than an attorney, but it was built by an attorney.
- The automated workflow makes it easy to prepare the letter.
- It includes appropriate legal citations for lease termination under Oklahoma law.
- You’ll get the letter instantly and you can use it right away.
How does it work?
- Use our automated document builder to create your letter.
- Download the Word document and edit as necessary.
- Sign and send the letter to your landlord.
When can I terminate my lease? How soon?
If the property lacks basic utilities or there is an imminent threat to health and safety, then you can likely terminate the lease immediately. If there is a threat to health and safety, but it’s not imminent, then you can likely terminate the lease upon 30 days written notice. When you purchase this letter, you’ll answer a few questions to help you determine whether you can terminate immediately or whether you must way 30 days. You’ll select your preferred date for lease termination, and that date will become part of the letter.
- This letter allows a tenant to terminate a residential lease by sending written notice to the landlord.
- The letter relies on the Oklahoma Landlord Tenant Act, including appropriate legal citations.
- The letter invokes lease termination due to serious property defects or maintenance failures that make the property uninhabitable or threaten the health and safety of the occupants.
- For example, the letter can terminate the lease due to lack of basic utilities or a major safety hazard.
- This is an official legal notice written in a professional tone and formatted for easy sending.
- You will answer a series of questions designed to help you fill out the letter accurately. You will then download, review, and adjust the letter as necessary before signing it.
- You will download the agreement as a Word document and then further customize to your situation if necessary.
- This is a legal Product, not a legal Service. See our Terms & Conditions on the difference between a legal Product and a legal Service.
No attorney client relationship.
Document automation is very helpful, but it’s never perfect. You are responsible for reviewing this document, correcting it, customizing it as necessary, and using it appropriately. Usage of this document and the associated workflow does NOT create an attorney-client relationship with Jones Property Law. You must contact and hire an attorney at Jones Property Law to receive advice or legal services in connection with this document.
What if I have questions about the form?
We answer technical support questions for free (problems with payment or the download process). But if you need legal advice about how to use this form, how to interpret this form, or how to resolve your legal issues, then you will need to hire an attorney. In that case, send us a message, and we can either represent you or refer you to an appropriate attorney.