Fix a title problem, confirm your ownership, or obtain a title opinion.
We love curing title. Work with our real estate and title attorneys to confirm marketable title, resolve an ownership dispute, finalize a closing, quiet title, probate, or confirm heirship.
Clean title is critical.
Without a clean title, you cannot sell or finance your property for its maximum value. Title problems often sit quietly for years, emerging at the worst possible time to prevent a sale or loan.
Title is technical.
The rules of real property title are technical and complicated, but our attorneys are well versed in solving title issues. We can help you untangle even the most messy chain of title.
“Ryan was prompt and quick with his assistance. The process to setup a retainer was quick and frictionless, and their legal work was clear and super helpful. Will be using again for land and title help!”
Initial Title Analysis and Recommendation
- Estimate: $350
- We discuss the title issue with you, conduct a cursory title review, and make an initial recommendation on the quickest way to solve the problem
- Includes up to 1.5 hours of attorney time to review and discuss
- Does not guarantee clean title (not a full title opinion)
Attorney’s Title Opinion
- Estimate: $750 – $1,500
- If you are unsure of who owns the property or need to confirm title prior to purchase, we can render a full title opinion on ownership
- Includes up to 6.5 hours of attorney time to review the abstract and draft a title opinion
Hourly Title Advice
- $225 / hour
- 15-minute increments
- By phone, email, or office
- Hourly billing applies if a title issue becomes a contested lawsuit
Quiet Title Action (uncontested)
- Estimate: $1,500 to $3,000
- Used to cure title issues and confirm ownership
- See our article: What is a Quiet Title Action?
- Total cost depends on the amount and complexity of title issues
Probate or Estate Admin (uncontested)
- Estimate: $3,000 – $6,000
- Total cost depends on the size and complexity of the estate
- An “uncontested” probate means one where all heirs and parties are cooperative and there are no disputed matters
- Estimate: $500 – $1,000
- Sometimes, a title objection can be solved with an attorney’s opinion letter that explains why the purported title objection is not actually a problem
- This type of letter is sometimes used to finalize a closing without further title work
- Estimate: $3,000 to $4,000
- Used to transfer title to Oklahoma real estate or minerals when the former owner died out of state, and the probate was in another state
- See our article: Oklahoma Ancillary Probate
- Total cost depends on the amount and complexity of the Oklahoma property
- Estimate: $350 – $500
- Sometimes, a title issue can be solved with a simple quitclaim deed from the party who still holds an interest
- Includes up to 2 hours of attorney time to prepare the deed, answer questions, and record the deed
- Assumes the grantor is cooperative and can be easily located
Title Affidavits and Notices
- Estimate: $500 – $1,000
- In very limited situations, title to property can be cured, transferred, claimed, or tied up by the recording of an affidavit or a notice in the land records
- Affidavits and notices should be used carefully with advice from an attorney